DTVKit Software License
This Licence applies to all software available from DTVKit in its entirety or in part, which will be referred to as “DTVKit Software” in this document. DTVKit Software will be clearly identified in the copyright message in each file. The term “DTVKit Software” as used below means either the DTVKit software or any derivative work under copyright law; that is a work containing DTVKit Software or part of it, either Verbatim or with modifications and/or translated into another programming language. Hereafter, translation is included without limitation in the term “modification”.
“Source Code” means the preferred form of the DTVKit Software for making modifications to it including the complete source code for all modules in whatever programming language they are supplied, plus any associated interface definition files, data tables, scripts and documentation.
Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are outside of the scope of this License. The act of running a program using DTVKit software is not restricted.
Certain rights under this agreement are only available to a “Member” of DTVKit. You are required to refer to the www.dtvkit.org to establish whether any particular entity is a Member on the actual date of each relevant transaction. A ‘Partner’ is not a ‘Member’ for the purposes of this licence. You should not accept any other form of evidence that an entity is a Member on that date and should keep appropriate records. You will not be held liable for any inaccuracy of data provided directly by DTVKit.
Certain rights under this agreement such as compilation, linking to, distribution or copying are only valid when the DTVKit Software is used having been ‘Targeted’ at certain ‘Platforms’. A Platform is a semiconductor product which includes the processor on which the DTVKit Software will run. Targeting includes but is not limited to building or compilation to run on a target Platform, linking to software provided with a target Platform or any such action which enables the DTVKit Software to run on a Platform.
DTVKit Software must not be modified into a form in which the executable version of the DTVKit Software is human readable for example JAVA.
Each licensee is referred to as “you” in this document.
- You may copy and distribute exact copies of DTVKit Software in Source Code form to any third party who is at the time of transfer a member of DTVKit provided that you also are a member of DTVKit; you keep intact all notices; copyright messages and disclaimer of warranty and you include a copy of this licence with the DTVKit Software.
- You may modify your copy or copies of the DTVKit Software or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the DTVKit Software (which hereafter is included in the term DTVKit Software) and distribute as Source Code such modifications or work under the terms set forth in Section 1 above, provided that you keep intact all notices, copyright messages and disclaimer of warranty; you include a copy of this licence in the distribution and that you add a prominent notice stating that you changed the files, the nature of change and the date of the change.
You agree that the modified work is licenced at no charge. However, if identifiable sections of that work are not derived from DTVKit and can reasonably considered independent and separate works you are free to set whatever terms you see fit for those separate works.
- You may copy and distribute a Binary version (including any header files or scripts which are required only for the purposes of linking this binary version to other software) to a third party organisation so long as this is only as part of your Product as defined in the Membership Rules, you keep intact all notices, copyright messages and disclaimer of warranty in any human readable files and you include a copy of this licence agreements in the distribution.
- If you receive the DTVKit Software in source code form and you are not a DTVKit Member you must either immediately join DTVKit or destroy the DTVKit Software you have received.
You may target/compile the DTVKit Software to run on a PC only for the purposes of running or extending the DTVKit Test Suite, performing development, and providing demonstrations. You may not distribute this PC version for any reason other than specified here.
- You may not copy, modify, sublicense, link with or distribute the DTVKit Software except as expressly provided under this Licence Agreement. Any such attempt to copy, modify, sublicense, link with or distribute the DTVKit Software is void and will automatically terminate your rights under this Licence. However, parties who have received copies or rights from you under this licence will not have their licences terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.
- You are not required to accept this licence agreement, since you have not signed it. However, nothing else grants you permission to modify, compile, link to, copy or distribute the DTVKit Software. These actions are prohibited by law if you do not accept this licence. Therefore, by modifying, compiling, linking to, copying, or distributing the DTVKit Software, you indicate your acceptance of this License to do so, and all its terms and conditions.
- Each time you redistribute the DTVKit Software, the recipient automatically receives a licence from DTVKit subject to these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipient’s exercise of the rights granted herein. You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties with this Licence.
- If any portion of this licence is held invalid or unenforceable under any circumstance, the balance will apply, and the whole is intended to apply in other circumstances.
- Because the DTVKit Software is licenced free of charge there is no warranty for the DTVKit Software, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Except when otherwise stated in writing the copyright holders and/or other parties provide the DTVKit Software “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the DTVKit Software is with you. Should the DTVKit Software prove defective you assume the cost of all necessary servicing repair or correction.
- In no event unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing will any copyright holder or any other party who may modify, copy or distribute the DTVKit Software as permitted above be liable to you for damages, including any general, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the DTVKit Software (including but not limited to loss of data or data being rendered inaccurate or losses sustained by you or third parties or a failure of the DTVKit Software to operate with any other software), even if such holder or other party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.