DTVKit’s market-proven DVB stack has been integrated into the RDK framework by Ocean Blue Software, providing users with a complete hybrid solution for Operators and set-top box makers. The first stage integration will run RDK with DVBCore integrated, decoding and displaying content using a Satellite (DVB-S) tuner. RDK is multi-standard and compatible with the following standards DVB-S/S2, T/T2, C.
RDK is an open-source software platform for the connected home that standardises core functions used in broadband, video and IoT connected devices. It enables service providers to manage their devices; control their business models; and customise their apps, UI’s and data analytics to improve the customer experience and drive business results. The RDK community consists of over 430 company members, who make code contributions and download software components more than seven million times per month. The RDK software powers over 60 million devices deployed by service providers globally.
Integrated channel database
Now/next and full 7-day EPG
DVR Engine with clash management
Local or networked playback of ‘Live’ and ‘DVR’ content
Plug-in architecture for custom SI handling
Conditional Access and Common Interface
- Hybrid device with DVB-S/T/C tuner acts as server
- Provides websocket API for RDK 3.0 clients to control service acquisition, management, selection, and EPG data retrieval
- DVB stack tunes to requested service and configures demux to create SPTS
- ‘DTVSrc’ injects SPTS to the RMF for local playback or distribution to network clients
- HTML UI for service selection, presenting service information, programme information, and EPG data ? data retrieved from server via websocket API
- Client requests server to ‘tune’ to desired service via http request
- DVB service playback controlled via the RMF using ‘dtvplayer’ app
Our solution has a series of benefits, that can save you time, money and resources. This gives you the opportunity to focus on giving your customers the best end product, and giving you a competitive advantage against your competitors.
RDK is an open standard based on open source components that is fully customisable
Portable across multiple Silicon platforms
Faster Time to Market
Faster time to market frees engineering resources to add real value to the product and the end consumer.